For the first time ever, we went below our monthly restaurant budget. Don't think for a moment though that we suddenly developed tremendous self-control and discipline though, hell to the no. This sudden restraint when it comes to eating out was brought about by taking care of our son and the hassle that bringing him outside entails, specially since his poop sometimes seeps out of his diaper (TMI) and the probability of seepage seems to increase when we're outside.
My husband also seems to have rediscovered his love for cooking, I don't know if this was brought about by being housebound or he just got his cooking mojo back, whatever it is, I'm liking the home cooked meals and the savings these bring.
The mysterious miscellaneous category will still have to remain shrouded in mystery for now. You never know who might find their way into my blog.
Now on to last month's goals:
- Breastfeed exclusively- Done.
- Store breastmilk - Done. But I'm not storing as much as I would like and the way it's turning out, I only have 2-3 days worth of milk for Ace when I go back to work on the 15th. I've been pumping more per day and am considering supplementing with formula if my stored breastmilk runs out. After all, formula is not the enemy. The real enemy is the sneaky way it is marketed.
- Blog regularly again for my 3 sites- Done.
- Resume freelance work- Done.
- Get back on the couch to 5k program- Nope. But I resumed running yesterday, so I guess that's substantial compliance? Exercise is just amazing. I'm already feeling more energetic and more like myself with just a simple 20 minute walk/run around the condo compound.
The middle of July marks the end of my maternity leave and I'm honestly looking forward to dressing up and going back tow work again. I'm just worried about how Ace will react when someone other than his mom feeds him, and with a bottle pa and not the boob he's grown accustomed to. Anyway, it's a good thing he'll be at my mom's house while I'm at work, so I know he'll be in good hands.