How to Reactivate your PAG-IBIG Membership

My husband recently emailed PAG-IBIG to inquire about reactivating his membership since he stopped his contributions years ago when he ceased to become an employee. I honestly didn't expect anything to come out of it since, you know, this was a government agency, but I had to swallow my skepticism because PAG-IBIG replied not just once, but both times my husband sent it an email!


Kudos to the present CEO Atty. Darlene Berberabe (who was my professor back in law school) for whipping this agency back in shape and also for initiating the case against the mega estafador- hiding because he's hella guilty-Delfin Lee.

Anyway, I have pasted the email response to my husband and it contains the different documentary requirements for membership and reactivating your PAG-IBIG membership.

You're welcome :)

From: "Public Affairs" <>
Date: Oct 3, 2013 2:09 AM
Subject: RE: Membership
To: "Gabriel H. Mercado" <xxxxxx@xxxxx>
Cc: "Public Affairs" <>

Good day to you, Mr. Mercado.

Please be guided that we do not accept/allow retroactive payments for those unpaid months. It will automatically be considered as gap/s.


Filipinos who are not regularly employed but belong to other working groups can join the Pag-IBIG Fund on a voluntary basis.

To join Pag-IBIG:
  1. Submit accomplished MDF (2 copies) and all required documents to the Marketing Division of the concerned Pag-IBIG branch office(bring all originals for authentication)
  2. Secure Payment Order Form (POF) from Marketing staff and proceed to Cash Division for payment of contributions
  3. For succeeding payments, bring 2 photocopies of Official Receipt (bring original copy of OR for authentication) and present all verified/stamped documents to Marketing Division.
  4. Secure Payment Order Form before proceeding to Cash Division for payment of contribution

REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL PAYORS (IP) – depending on source of income

  • Certificate of Employment & Compensation (notarized)
  • Latest payslip (last 2 months)
  • Photocopy of Company ID
  • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with Financial Statement of the previous year certified by a CPA
  • Certificate of Remittance/ESAV (for old members)
  • Two 1x1 ID pictures
  • SEC or DTI Registration (should be under the member’s name)
  • Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit
  • Franchise Permit (under the member’s name)
  • Official Receipt or Car Registration (under member’s name)
  • Latest ITR (previous year)
  • Two 1x1 ID pictures
  • Affidavit of Unemployment
  • Certificate of Remittance or ESAV
  • Two ID pictures
  • Latest and valid Contract of Employment (with POEA original stamp)
  • Certificate of Remittance or ESAV
  • Passport or any Valid ID/POEA license
  • Two 1x1 ID pictures
  • Special Power of Attorney (SPA), in case a representative shall submit the documents and pay the member’s contributions
  • Latest ITR (previous year) or Commission Voucher
  • Certificate of Representation from company (notarized) or Company ID
  • Certificate of Remittance or ESAV (for old members)
  • Two 1x1 ID pictures
  • Certificate of Employment and Compensation
  • Valid ID of Employer and Employee
  • Duly accomplished MCRF
  • Latest ITR (previous year)
  • Certificate of Remittance or ESAV (for old members)
  • Two 1x1 ID pictures
  • Written consent from member-employed/working spouse
  • Certificate of Employment and Compensation of member-working spouse (notarized)
  • Affidavit of Unemployment
  • Two 1x1 ID pictures
  • If member-spouse has own business
§  Latest ITR (previous year)
§  Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit
§  SEC or DTI Registration

q  Monthly contributions of unemployed members (reactivating or non-working spouse) shall be P200.00
q  The unemployed member has the option to upgrade his monthly contributions, but may not downgrade the amount
q  Individual payors or voluntary members have the option to choose their terms of payment, e.g monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, etc.

To reactivate and continue your contribution, you may submit a Members Data Form together with affidavit of unemployment (for unemployed) to Pag-IBIG Fund branch where your previous employer remits your contribution.

For Self-employed with Business, accomplish Members Data form attached a copy of Mayor’s or Business Permit or ITR.

For self-employed under waived company, accomplished Members Data form with certificate of employment form your employer.

For employed, kindly fill out the Members Data form and submit it to your company.

* Please click here for the official PAG-IBIG website.


Atty Berberabe's TV ad convinced me to increase my Pag-ibig monthly contribution. 4% interest is not bad. Also, it's a way to avoid tax (this was not mentioned in the ad).
Jillsabs said…
Yeah, 4% is no chump change. I wonder if as an employee I can make extra Pag-ibig contributions on top of what's already deducted from my salary.
You can. In my case, I just informed our Finance Dept. Regarding tax, mali pala ako. My HDMF contribution is still included in my taxable income. Yung company's share lang ang dineduct. tsk tsk
Jillsabs said…
Thanks! I'll look into this ASAP.
Unknown said…
How to reactivate pag-ibig contribution ?

Popular Posts